I've planned to sell my ELECRAFT K2 so I placed some adds in the various HAM sources and I found a buyer willing give my K2 a new home.
Fortunately I decided to do a quick check on the K2 functions, to be sure, that the buyers receives a full functional K2.
I did the check in the late afternoon on 80m and I was shocked - strong stations can be received every 7kHz. Testing the transmitter shows a totally unstable RF signal.
Some weeks ago I've build a full-featured XPhase for my father, DK1UO. He is sometimes affected by heavy interference from Plasma-TVs or similar scrap
The function of the XPhase is based on the fact that the interfering signal, received by an auxiliary antenna, is added phase-shifted to the signal received from the main antenna. When the phase-shift is more or less 180°, the interfering signal is canceled out.
Here the steps, I got Mosquitto up und running on my Windows 8 machine:
During my researches for my home automation project I also stumbled across the MQTT protocol for sensor-server-communication. A matching arduino library was found quickly here on Nick's blog. An arduino sketch was quickly copied from here and modified. Download my version from here.
Für den ersten nanoKeyer habe ich mir zwar das Original-Gehäuse gekauft, aber der Einfachheit halber eine simple Alu-Fronplatte genommen. So richtig schick war die auf Dauer nicht. Es wurde langsam Zeit, dass er noch eine schöne Frontplatte bekommt.
The MODBUS-slave with the capacitive water level sensor is now mounted inside a die cast aluminium case.
In the previous article regarding the capacitive water level sensor, I've presented two different electrode designs:
- A coaxial electrode made from a rectangular aluminium tube an a single isolated wire as "central conductor"
- A simple twin-wire electrode made from simple speaker-wire
Here my findings regarding each electrode.
This is a MODBUS-node with a capacitive water level sensor, a DS12S80 temperature sensor and a RS485 interface to the main controller.
This is my first project based on CADSOFT Eagle free-version. I still have to learn a lot for creating 2-layer PCBs :-/
Long time ago I've started my personal home automation project. The first building blocks where some small PCBs for RS485 interfacing and temperature sensing. Later I've started outlining a controller architecture for my home automation projects.
Currently my infastructure looks like this:
From top to bottom:
- An Arduino Mega256 with Ethernet-Shield. The RS485 interface is assembled on a small breadboard using the LTC1487 line driver. The LCD is attached via small I2C interface to the arduino.
- An Seeeduino 328P with an attached experimental shield with an identical RS485 interface.
Read on about the next steps here:
Saving parameter to EEPROM
I've discovered, that the value of the weighting feature is not saved to the EEPROM. I'Ve updated the Sketch.
All my changes in the sketch are surrounded with a conditional statement:#ifdef DL2SBA...#endif
and should be discovered easily.